Aiming to reduce pig mortality in the nursery can certainly be a challenge, so this episode features a discussion between two industry experts: Dr. Marlin Hoogland a veterinarian for Smithfield; and Dr. Tim Loula a veterinarian for Swine Vet Center. One of the biggest takeaways from both vets: read the pig!
This episode features a ton of great topics including:
- Keys to starting piglets in the nursery
- Successes to Weaning, Transportation, Barn Management, and other stages of a piglets life
- Receiving pigs to new barns
- Recommendations for helping pigs find feed & water
- Setting up a barn for maximum success
- Key Takeaways from Dr. Loula & Dr. Hoogland's experience